Rec Board Minutes – June 2020

October 27, 2020

Recreational Board Minutes June 17, 2020

Members: Talia Preissman, Tim Longnecker, Rick Dill, Joe Bunting

Start Time: 7:35 pm

Approval of February Minutes: NOT ENOUGH MEMBERS TO APPROVE 

Treasurers Report: Rick Dill: balance $23,160.34

Council Liaison: June Byrnes: Nothing new to report

Park Director: Laurie Montgomery: Nothing to report

Public Session: NOTHING 

Sports Engine can do the refund. Jerseys were already ordered and can be distributed to be used possibly for next season. Letter will be sent to sponsors to let them know next season advertising is already paid for.

New Business: Baseball Field request: there is an issue with spacing to fully approve baseball’s field request. The wide range of use times needs to be worked out with other sports teams. Will have to wait until next meeting.

Soccer: MUSA will be moving forward and following guidelines for recreation. 

Flag Football:  Judy Simpson: Flag Football needs to be canceled due to Covid-19. Not enough coaches will available to try to run the league during the summer. The guidelines will make it difficult for the league to run efficiently. Judy does not want to responsible or liable for anything that could happen.

Sports Engine can do the refund. Jerseys were already ordered and can be distributed to be used possibly for next season. Letter will be sent to sponsors to let them know next season advertising is already paid for.

Dan Miller Field Update: Football field is not looking good. They need to put the stay off the field signs around. Old Babe Ruth: Irrigation installed; field was raked. Auxiliary Field: 150 tons of soil was brought in and field was seeded. 12 deep drains were installed. 

Rick Dill noted that he felt the field still showed signs of glass and debris and should be raked again. Top soil is also needed. 

“Stay off the field” are not working and will not work. Something else needs to be put in place to keep groups from coming and using the field. 

Halloween/Fall Fest: Date set for Sunday Oct 11,2020. Waiting on final call from Governor about outdoor events. Vendors are currently reserved, possibility of including a farmers market as well.

Meeting Ended: 8:41 PM 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Last modified: October 27, 2020

Comments are closed.